Monday, January 25, 2016

Green Smoothie


Happy Monday! This weekend we celebrated my birthday, and ate a ton of sugary treats, they were super delicious but this morning both Layton and I were feeling a bit sluggish. One of my goals this week is to drink more green smoothies and eat less cookies.
We absolutely love our morning green smoothies! My mom started making green smoothies about 4 years ago. I made them occasionally through college, and after Layton and I got married we bought a Vitamix and I've been making them fairly consistently since then.


I've learned that no two smoothies are alike, even if i use the same ingredients they always turn out a little different each time.




My recipe is roughly as follows:

3-5 leaves of kale
1-3 leaves of chard
1 apple (sliced)
2-4 bananas
2-4 cups pineapple juice
1or 2 big handfuls of spinach
any other fruit I have on hand, or 1/2 a lemon.

You can use any kind of juice you prefer I just happen to really like pineapple. It's a really rough approximation I'm not big on measuring anything out, I mostly toss it all in the blender and go for it.



We make about 1 weeks worth at a time, then I pour the smoothie into individual glasses, cover them and keep them in the fridge for easy access.



Even Big E likes her green smoothies!







No comments:

Post a Comment