Thursday, June 26, 2014

Easy Pencil Skirt

Honestly it's as easy as 1-2-3!

1. Find fabric
2.Trace skirt
3.Sew


 This is one of my favorite skirts it's easy to sew and fun to wear and it can be adapted to many different types of fabric!



As you can see I have made many different varieties of this skirt :)


1. Lay out your fabric, I have it folded in half so the picture you see above is two layers of fabric.


2. Lay your example on top of the fabric, I originally used one of my pencil skirts that wasn't stretchy.



3. Next cut around the skirt leave about 5/8" around the edges as seam allowance. Sew both sides together at 5/8".



4. Finish the top and bottom of the skirt. I do this with a double needle pictured below.






This is how is set up my machine for a double needle, most machines will be similar. You will need to threads coming from the top, and one bobbin of similar thread for the bottom.




This is what it will look like when you're finished stitching on the top.



This is what the inside or bottom looks like.



Last but not least you will need to iron it the top picture is before ironing the bottom picture is after.




 Here's the finished product!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment